We here at Bixby Plaza are pleased to provide you with the following tips to keep your carpet looking as clean, and new, as the day you first got it.
- Use doormats when possible. This is especially true if you’re coming from a room that has a hard surface – tiles & hardwood tend to have more dust and debris, and this debris can be tracked into the dirt, and trapped into the fibers.
- Vacuum your carpet every day. Yes, every day. If your busy schedule doesn’t permit you to do so, invest in a Roomba or iRobot to do it for you.
- Clean up all spills immediately. The faster you clean up a spill when it hits your rug, the less likely it is to stain the rug.
- Use the best quality products – you get what you pay for, and a cheap product will lead to cheap results.
- Once every few months, get a deep extraction by a professional company. Make sure that they use “green” products to prevent harmful chemicals from leeching into the air and compromising your air quality.
- If you start to notice a funky smell in your carpet, use an enzymatic cleaning product to eliminate odors. Don’t use heavily perfumed “carpet cleaners,” which will only mask odors.
- Make sure to have the carpet raked and groomed after every cleaning to prevent pellets and tears.
Is your carpet looking a little bit shabby? Do you need a new carpet? Or do you need more advice on how to maintain your carpet? We here at Bixby Plaza are here to help -- contact us today to schedule a free, no obligation consultation. Let’s see what we can do for you!