Frequency of upkeep for soft surfacing
Keeping your fibers looking new is quite simple and straightforward. In short, a daily and weekly care regimen is necessary – but don't worry, it's nothing overly complex. Having said that, do take the time to read through the maintenance and care guide that comes with your carpet installation in Orange County. Also, before purchasing your flooring, speak to your on-site showroom professionals to clarify the ins and outs of flooring care. The following are the basics of caring for your carpeting.
- Spot check your flooring to see if there are any problematic areas, stains or wet spots.
- Vacuum areas that see high levels of foot traffic to remove superficial dust and dirt.
- Vacuum medium level traffic zones at least twice a week.
- All other areas should be vacuumed weekly, even if the fibers look perfectly clean.
- Regardless of how much foot traffic the area sees, your carpet installation in Orange County should get a professional cleaning every 18 months to remove oily dirt and deeply embedded particles. Additionally, this will help to maintain an overall uniform appearance and refresh its texture.
If you have soft surfacing that sees a lot of regular traffic, or if your busy household includes messy kids and even messier pets, you may require more frequent professional cleaning. Remember, don’t wait for everything to look dirty to call in the experts, it may be too late to salvage your installation!