Bixby Plaza Carpet and Flooring has been in the business of Orange County carpet cleaning since 1971, and one of the things we really hate to see is when our customers have to call us out for a carpet cleaning in Orange County, for a stain that could have been prevented. So, we thought it might help our clients save a little money and hassle if we wrote up a quick guide to the proper way to respond to 2 of the nastiest, common, and preventable stains we deal with regularly.
Before we get started, there are a few general tips to keep in mind when responding to a potentially staining spill on your carpet:
• Respond to the spill as quickly as possible.
• When you blot up a spill on your carpet, be sure to dab the spill with a dry towel, never rub. This will prevent you from grinding the stain deeper into the pile of the carpet.
• Be sure that the spill is completely dry when you are done cleaning and that it dries as quickly as possible. This will help discourage the growth of mold or mildew, that often results from standing moisture in carpeting
Blood stains are generally regarded as one of the most horrific and panic-inducing stains you can get on your carpeting, but it really isn't all that bad if you respond properly and quickly. Here's what you need to do:
• Always use cold water when cleaning blood stains, because warm water causes blood to coagulate and will increase the chance of permanent staining.
• Add 2 tsp. of grease-cutting dish soap, such as Dawn, to a spray bottle and fill with cold water. Liberally spray blood stain until it is completely soaked.
• Gently blot the stain up with a dry towel or paper towel. Be as careful as possible not to grind or spread the stain.
The worst thing about coffee stains on your carpet is that the brownish stain is easily mistaken for other far more disgusting types of stains. Plus, they're just ugly. Luckily, they aren't that bad, if you get to them quickly.
• Use a dry towel to gently blot the spill as quickly as possible. If towel becomes too soaked with coffee, be sure to change it out for a fresh one to avoid spreading the spill further. Work as carefully and quickly as possible without grinding or spreading the stain.
• Add 1/4 cup vinegar and 1 tbsp. of Dawn dish soap to a spray bottle and fill with water.
• Spray the affected area liberally with vinegar mixture and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Repeat blotting method until completely dry.
Looking for Professional Carpet Cleaning in Orange County?
Do you have a stain that requires professional attention? If you're looking for carpet cleaning in Huntington Beach or surrounding Orange County areas, give us a call! Whether it's dealing with a specific stain, or taking care of your regular carpet cleaning, Bixby Plaza Carpet and Flooring has you covered!
Just call, email, or stop by one of our showrooms in Huntington Beach or Los Alamitos, CA, to arrange for a consultation.