Congratulations – you’ve installed your new rug! But wait…you have to maintain it. This can prove to be a bit of a challenge when you have children, pets, or an otherwise busy lifestyle.
We here at Bixby Plaza are pleased to provide you with the following tips to keep your carpet looking as clean, and new, as the day you first got it.
- Use doormats when possible. This is especially true if you’re coming from a room that has a hard surface – tiles & hardwood tend to have more dust and debris, and this debris can be tracked into the dirt, and trapped into the fibers.
- Vacuum your carpet every day. Yes, every day. If your busy schedule doesn’t permit you to do so, invest in a Roomba or iRobot to do it for you.
- Clean up all spills immediately. The faster you clean up a spill when it hits your rug, the less likely it is to stain the rug.
- Use the best quality products – you get what you pay for, and a cheap product will lead to cheap results.
- Once every few months, get a deep extraction by a professional company. Make sure that they use “green” products to prevent harmful chemicals from leeching into the air and compromising your air quality.
- If you start to notice a funky smell in your carpet, use an enzymatic cleaning product to eliminate odors. Don’t use heavily perfumed “carpet cleaners,” which will only mask odors.
- Make sure to have the carpet raked and groomed after every cleaning to prevent pellets and tears.
Is your carpet looking a little bit shabby? Do you need a new carpet? Or do you need more advice on how to maintain your carpet? We here at Bixby Plaza are here to help -- contact us today to schedule a free, no obligation consultation. Let’s see what we can do for you!