Among the glorious things about southern California are the climate and the quality of light, qualities that call for the correct types of window treatments. For most of the year we have warm Mediterranean-weather, with brilliant sunlight. For no more than a few weeks the skies gray over and the temperature drops down to the 40s and 50s, if that. Let’s face it, we don’t live in Buffalo.
However, window treatments designed with our climate in mind, make our housing more comfortable by filtering the light, moderating inside temperatures and providing privacy… all while looking beautiful.
Window treatments are more than a fancy way of dressing up a window; they make our homes more livable. In order to develop the window treatment that suits your requirements, you need to consider the following:
- How much light does the room get? South facing, north facing?
- Are there privacy concerns between houses? In this room in particular?
- Are there any items or fabrics, rugs, etc. that need UV protection
- Do you have neighbors with blinding night lights?
- Are these windows opened and closed regularly?
- Do the windows amplify heat in the summer and conduct cold in the winter?