When it comes to a laundry room, it’s very easy to watch it get cluttered. These simple tips and tricks, however, will help you get your formerly messy laundry room back on track. Here, then, is our simple list:
- Shelving, shelving, and more shelving. The more shelving you can have in your laundry room – especially if it’s the floor to ceiling kind – the less clutter you will have in your laundry room.
- If you don’t have the room for a proper laundry room, consider customizing a kitchen cabinet to fit your laundry needs. This, mind you, is a very European trend – so if you’re the type to Keep Up with the Proverbial Joneses, here’s your chance to flex your muscle!
- If cabinetry is out of the question – be it for budget or space considerations – consider a properly placed curtain to cover the unsightly washer/dryer, and to hide the dirty laundry.
- In a tight space (such as a studio apartment)? It goes without saying that the washer & dryer should be stackable, as opposed to side by side. Also, utilize as much of the space as you can for the washer & dryer, and add as many shelves as possible for storage.
- Don’t be afraid to utilize color to your advantage in a small space – a bright, bold color can make all the difference between a dull and dingy laundry room and a cute laundry room!
- If your laundry room is in a dark, damp basement, just a splash of color will make all the difference in the world. Also, make sure that your basement is properly insulated, and the lighting is up to code, to avoid any flooding or electrical problems in the future!
If you’re ready to get started on your home makeover project, contact us today and let’s see what we can do for you!